- 11.67 miles of a combination of paved, road-separated pathway for non-motorized use and on-road/sidewalk segments
- Bike lane/sidewalk segments located on Grove Road, at East Forest and around EMU, and Cornell Road
- ADA Accessible
- Rolling urban and wooded environments that wind by river and lake views and cross through historic Depot Town taking visitors near the attractions of Downtown Ypsilanti.
- Destinations along this trail corridor include St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital, EMU convocation center and athletic campus and Ford Lake.
- Major Cross Roads: Rawsonville Road, Grove Road, East Cross Street, Hewitt Road and East Huron River Drive
- St. Joseph Hospital trail section is maintained during the winter
- View Interactive Map Instructions
Halloween in Depot Town
Trinity Health Trail
Overlook at Grove Rd
Heritage Bridge Ypsilanti
Winter In Ypsilanti
North Hydo Park
Directions and Parking
Recommended parking for this trail segment can be found at the following locations:
- Gallup Park at Dixboro Dam
- Grove Road at Water Street Segment – This is an unpaved lot – Please do not use adjacent paved lot. Vehicle will be towed.
- Frog Island Parking Lot North – Note: this lot does not have ADA access to the trail from the lot.
- Frog Island Parking Lot South
- Riverside Park
- North Bay/Grove Road Parking
- Loonfeather Park – parking fee
- North Hydro Park – parking fee
Project construction/completion updates
- Superior Greenway and Preserves
- Cherry Hill Nature Preserve
- Parker Mill County Park
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Trails
- The Farm at St. Joe’s Ann Arbor
- Eastern Michigan University
- Washtenaw Community College
- Ypsilanti Township Parks
- City of Ypsilanti Parks
- Ford Lake Dam and Hydrostation
- Lake Shore Disc Golf Course
Trail Access and Description
This 11.67 mile segment of the B2B Trail features the sights and sounds of Ypsilanti with gorgeous views of the Huron River and Ford Lake.
This segment passes through the heart of the city where visitors can explore local college campuses while enjoying vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment options. Visitors can also explore places of historic interest, local parks or visit one of the many museums nearby.
On the east side of this corridor, North Hydro Park Trailhead visitors can explore the area around Ford Lake Dam and recreational amenities, such as picnic areas, canoe/kayak launch, trails, and a fishing dock. Heading toward Depot Town, the trail follows Grove Road overlooking Ford Lake.
Heading west at Frog Island Park, the trail connects to Eastern Michigan University, Washtenaw Community College, St. Joseph’s Hospital and rejoins the Huron River at Dixboro Dam.
This trail is owned and maintained by the City of Ypsilanti, Ypsilanti Township.